It's no secret that T&T Clark has published some EXCELLENT books in its 192 year history. At the moment we're thinking of embarking upon a new series which presents some of our great backlist with simple updates and new introductions from the author (or another scholar in some cases) sketching out the more recent developments in the field, and how the book in question has made its impact and continues to do so.
So, for example, we are currently discussing doing a new edition of Larry Hurtado's 'One God One Lord' in this way, and of Athalya Brenner's 'The Israelite Woman'.These are both Biblical Studies titles, but we intend to cover theology too.
We have a few other ideas, but obviously the best ideas are likely to come from our readership itself.
So here's the deal:
1. Use the comments box to recommend a book on the T&T Clark (or Continuum, Sheffield Academic Press, Burns & Oates, Sheed and Ward, Trinity Press Intl... any title to which we own the copyright) backlist that you would like to see included in this series.
2. Include a better name than 'Milestones' for the series if you can think of one.
3. If any of the previous suggestions sound great then include the title(s) in brackets at the end of your comment. E.g. (One God, One Lord).That way we're more likely to do them.
As reward for your troubles:
1. For each book we ultimately include in the series the first person to have suggested it will receive a paperback of their choice (up to £30 UK price) for their trouble.
2. If anyone suggests a series name we go on to use then they will receive a book credit of £100 (or US equivalent based on current exchange rates) with T&T Clark.We reserve the right to call it 'Milestones' after all.
CLOSING DATE: 26th October 2013
So, thinking caps on, we'd be most grateful for your thoughts and advice.
The T&T Team.