The Continuum Publishing Group seek to appoint an Editorial Assistant for the T&T Clark Imprint. T&T Clark is one of the world’s leading publishers in academic theology and biblical studies with a tradition reaching back almost 200 years.
We are looking for candidates with excellent organisational and communicative skills and strong academic credentials. Ideally candidates should demonstrate a love and enthusiasm for theology and biblical studies. A degree in this area and knowledge of Ancient languages would be distinct advantages.
The role will involve:
• Preparing contracts
• Liaising tactfully and efficiently with authors
• Ensuring that publishing schedules are kept and deadlines met
• Completing the ‘transmittal’ procedure on receipt of manuscript
• Image research for book covers
• Working on back-cover text
• Obtaining endorsements for back-covers
• Proof-reading covers
• Updating the T&T Clark blog
• Assisting with backlist management
• Proofreading marketing materials
• Market research
The successful candidate will work alongside two commissioning editors in our office in London-Waterloo. If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and a covering letter to:
Associate Publisher T&T Clark
The Continuum Publishing Group
The Tower Building
11 York Road
London SE1 7NX
EDIT 15. November 2008: This has been closed now. We are humbled by the number of brilliant applications we have received for this position. Many thanks indeed! We hope we will be able to make an announcement soon.